Software Engineer Margo Bank since May ’18
A new bank for Small & Medium-sized Businesses.
CTO Flâneur January ’17 / April ’18
A design-focused mobile travel app to discover and share favorite local spots and travel destinations.
- Migrated back-office from Parse to Firebase on a tight schedule as Parse shutdown was approaching.
- Redesigned software architecture from legacy code to a Kickstarter-inspired MVVM architecture in Swift.
- Improved search feature using Algolia integration with Firebase cloud functions.
- Full-UI redesign implementation.
Founder Statium since September ’14
A platform about soccer data analytics, and bringing the techniques of sabermetrics to the soccer world in a precise, design-friendly and engaging way (inspired by US sports’ advanced statistics).
- Was selected by the French startup accelerator Startup42 for a 4-month intensive program from April - August 2016 ; gathered invaluable insight into all the non-technical skills required to found a startup.
- Designed machine learning models to evaluate soccer players.
- Built data visualization tools for the web.
- Model will be submitted to the OPTA Pro Forum in September 2018.
Founder Bootstragram September ’14 / December ’16
I co-founded Bootstragram in order to provide freelance developer services to other companies with the ultimate objective to fund Statium.
- Deezer/Sourdoreille: Facebook widget to create playlists from upcoming festival lineups. Playlists are personalized according to the user’s musical taste.
- Culturebox/Sourdoreille: a dynamic and visually unique website for the concert web series Les Contes du Paris Perché.
- Sourdoreille: a visually innovative polling website for the comedy project Les Concerts, ce serait mieux sans (“Concerts would be better off without”).
- Tabaramounien/N/ËW: a web-based SVG editor for creating slide presentations.
- Tabaramounien: technical assistance on interactive projets for Bordeaux’s local government.
- Petites Musiques de Trains: a website and iOS app for a web series that involves discovering local music on train journeys (Mexico, Bolivia).
CTO eduPad January ’12 / August ’14
- Recruited and managed technical team of 5 developers, using agile methods inspired by scrum.
- Developed an app factory for eduPad’s 100+ apps (iOS & Android).
- Designed and developed a scalable back-office to support eduPad’s growth from 5k to 250k monthly average downloads, as well as even more intense peaks during marketing campaigns.
- Over 8.4M apps downloads during my experience at eduPad.
Freelance June ’10 / January ’12
- iOS and macOS app development
- Web apps and services development
- Agile mobile consultant
- Client references:
Innovation & Mobile Project Manager Capgemini April ’09 / June ’10
Within Capgemini Telecom Media Défense:
- Identified, qualified and tested innovative mobile services for the Orange Trial Factory for Orange France (including geolocation services, social networks, etc.)
- Managed a team of 6 people responsible for designing and developing iPhone, iPad, Android and BlackBerry applications for Orange, Lyonnaise des Eaux (GDF Suez group), Natixis and the Capgemini Group
- Responsible for team’s schedule, budget and reports
Java Consultant Capgemini December ’08 / April ’09
Within Capgemini Telecom Media Défense:
- Audited java code and project methods, introducing revision control software and continuous integration best practices to secure, improve and fasten software deliveries
- Introduced agile philosophy and methods for development teams
- Client: Canal+ (French premium pay television channel)
- Project “Droits et Terminaux” (“Rights and Terminals”): Design and realisation from scratch of the customer rights’ management system of all the Canal+ pay-TV channel subscribers (Java web applications)
- Established backend subsystem, managed 3-person development team, and successfully led the complete preproduction performance tests, from test policy to tuning the whole system to meet production performance requirements (almost real-time order-to-activation flow for a 10M+ clients system)
- Promoted to Technical Manager, coaching 5-person development team in a Scrum-like method, designing updates and drafting technical specifications.
Java Developer Capgemini January ’05 / December ’05
Within Capgemini Telecom Media Défense :
- Specifications, conception, and development of the integration of the Comverse messaging solution into Bouygues Telecom’s service platform.
- Modeling, templates conception and Java development of the evolution of the video content browsing application of the french mobile phone operator SFR that aimed to display a presentation of items from a content manager that fit the mobile device display abilities, its phone network restrictions, the video codec available on the device, etc.
- Development of a statistics and indicators aggregation application and of a web interface to display and administrate this data during the integration of the Netegrity Single Sign On solution into SFR’s service platform.
C++ 3D Developer TGS February ’04 / September ’04
- Scholar Intership
- Integrated the GLSL GPU-programming language in Open Inventor
- Developed GLSL support demos
- Researched about GPU-programming possibilities
- Technical environment: C/C++, Visual C++, OpenGL, GLSL, DirectX, GPU assembly
Project Management and Agile Methods
- Certified Scrum Master
- Training of coworkers to agile methods
- Introduction of agile methods tools in teams (version management, continuous integration, dashboarding, information design)
- Planning and budget management, financial reporting
- Design and specifications (in French or English languages)
- Management of teams composed of up to 6 people
- iOS Expertise
- Swift & Objective-C
- Environment tools: cocoapods, fastlane, continuous integration, etc.
- Experience with most common frameworks: In-App Purchases, Geolocation, Notifications, etc.
- Ruby and Ruby on Rails Expertise
- Back-office design
- API design
- PostgresQL database
- Experience with deployment/production tools: Heroku, New Relic, Docker, continuous integration, etc.
- Tools of choice: Jekyll, GitHub, Fastmail, Amazon S3, Sass, Google Firebase, etc.
I’m by no mean a graphic designer, but I have a basic knowledge of software such as Photoshop, Pixelmator, Graphics, Sketch/Zeplin, which allows me to be autonomous to export or reproduce contents of source files provided by designers. I can also extend existing brand design guidelines.
Basics of typography rules for screen and paper media.
- French: native
- English: fluent (native English-speaking family environment)
- TOEIC (2003): 925 points
- TOEFL (2003): 610 points
- Spanish: proficient
Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Electronique, Informatique et Radiocommunications de Bordeaux, 2001-2004
- Top-Ranked Graduate Engineering School specialized in Information and Communication Technologies
- Graduated with honors
- Specialisation in Multimedia
MOOC Training edX
I keep training myself on new subjects via the edX platform.
- ’16 : Learning From Data (introductory Machine Learning course) (Caltech)
- ’15 : Marketing for non-marketers (UBC)
- ’15 : The Analytics Edge (MIT)
- ’14 : Sabermetrics 101: Introduction to Baseball Analytics (BU)
- ’14 : Entrepreneurship 101: Who is your customer (MIT)
- ’13 : 6.002x Circuits and Electronics (MIT)
Classes Préparatoires MP (Maths et Physique)
Lycée Chateaubriand à Rennes, 1999-2001
Intensive two-year course preparing for the competitive entrance examinations to the ‘Grandes Ecoles’.
Interests & Activities
- Creator and writer for the cultural reviews website Dead Rooster
- Guitar and bass guitar
- Leader and composer of several musical projects
- Music recording and mixing
- Soccer, 5-a-side
- Biking, daily commuting and biketrips
- Pop culture trivia night host
- Amateur cooking
- Aspiring beer brewer